Prior to filing Service Organization Control Reports (SOC 1, 2, or 3), we offer a critically valuable tool that assists you in identifying high-risk areas and compliance issues that may have emerged since your last SAS 70 audit. We will also help you assess all control activities that are reported on during the SOC 1, 2, or 3 audits.
With the SOC readiness assessment, we're able to help prepare you for an audit engagement and reduce or eliminate the possibility of a qualified opinion or reporting exception.
Concluding this review, we provide you with a report that identifies:
- Financial and operational reporting risks that are not sufficiently mitigated
- Recommendations for improving your control processes
- A favorable impact of IT application controls, if applicable
- An action plan that identifies procedures, controls, and documentation for management's consideration prior to a SOC audit
When to Have a SOC Readiness Assessment
You should consider engaging in a SOC readiness assessment if your service organization:
- Has not recently completed a SOC audit
- Would benefit from an internal report identifying control deficiencies
- Is looking for a cost-effective audit preparedness assessment
Once the assessment is complete, we can also assist with the SOC audit. Please see our SOC audit engagements section to learn more about the services we offer in this area.