A Proactive, Individualized Approach to SOX Audits
Section 404 of the SOX Act states that management is responsible for obtaining reasonable assurance that no material weaknesses exist within the internal control structure and for including this information in the annual report. In many respects, taking charge of and organizing your SOX internal control assessment program in a manner that your external SOX auditors can support is the most powerful and important step you can take.
While we bring essential technical expertise and industry experience to this complex process, the most vital qualities we provide are a commitment to understanding your business and industry completely, and a focus on meeting the unique challenges you face with regard to Sarbanes-Oxley certification. It’s a tailored approach to the design of SOX controls that places the overall success of your business at the center of every SOX compliance recommendation we make.
Integrated, Strategic SOX Compliance Services
Our SOX compliance services include documentation of:
- Internal control design
- Risk identification and assessment
- Gap analysis and controls testing
- Tools for continuous controls monitoring
Through an integrated approach, we assess significant IT risks and consider environmental and monitoring controls. Should material weaknesses exist, we recommend strategic methods for you to correct and retest them.
The EKS&H Advantage
Our goal is to earn your confidence and to become your trusted business advisor through:
- Client-built teams for customized compliance solutions and controls rationalization
- Persistent controls monitoring to enable sustained, long-term SOX compliance
- Replacement of non-key and/or manual controls with more reliable and effective automated monitoring controls
- Leveraging SOX compliance requirements to develop enterprise risk management programs
- The ability to take full advantage of the strategic benefits of IT audit and governance advisory services