More industries than ever are bound by increasingly complex state and federal government regulations concerning data security (e.g., PCI DSS, the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Sarbanes-Oxley, and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act). EKS&H offers data security clients a custom and comprehensive eight-step assessment:
- Defend perimeter—Network system architecture; hardware, software, and connectivity
- Inventory data—Creation, storage, encryption, and retention policies
- Ensure regulation compliance—Industry and organization-based legal regulations and requirements
- Manage system users—Internal and external authorized personnel access, and employee-based attrition
- Review access controls—Passwords or multi-factor authentication, and single sign-on procedures
- Monitor system environment—Ongoing observation of access/attempted breach or suspicious activity
- Plan breach response—Cyber resiliency plan; disaster recovery, backup, and restoration policies
- Maximize organizational awareness—Training and development; security best practices and education
The EKS&H Advantage
- Comprehensive business focus—By offering both technology and accounting compliance services, we comprehensively support your organization’s security needs.
- Proactive guidance—Phishing, malware, RAM-scraping, mobility, virus security patches—we help you stay ahead of the latest threats and identify new critical protections unique to your industry, business, or organization.
- Experience—Combining years of business technology consulting experience with the expertise of individuals who have been in your shoes as CIOs, IT directors, and others, we are knowledgeable about proven methodologies to keep your systems safe.