Many of our clients view our technical accounting professionals as an on-call extension of their teams. We have the experience, resources, and capabilities to handle a wide variety of issues and customize our services to deliver exactly the support your organization requires. We work closely with our experienced industry leads and tax and valuation specialists to determine the most appropriate outcome for each situation.
Practical Technical Accounting Support
- Understand form and substance: We explore the business developments fully, including review of applicable documentation, existing policies, underlying economics, and the management perspective.
- Explore preliminary recommendations: We identify applicable research and conduct analysis to understand relevant implications for the company’s unique circumstances.
- Evaluate consequences: We work closely with your team, auditors, and key stakeholders to support management and bring technical analysis and resources to the table.
- Document policies and processes: Custom presentation and/or documentation of findings is scaled according to need of intended users.
Deliverables we can assist with include comment letter responses; accounting standard implementation; memos (whitepapers); and audit support, including drafting of financial statements.
On-Demand Resources for a Variety of Issues
- New accounting standards, including revenue (ASC Topic 606) and leases (ASC Topic 842)
- Project management
- Policy assessments
- Software selection
- Tax planning
- Accounting, valuation, and tax structuring for financing transactions
- Complex debt and equity offerings
- Share-based compensation
- Business combinations and purchase price allocations
- Buy-side and sell-side support
- Seller preparedness
- Due diligence
- Post-transaction earn-out support
- Other complex transactions
- SEC reporting, carve-out transactions, pre-clearance, S-1 process and documentation assistance, and comment letter assistance
- Complex financial reporting o Investments, consolidations, and variable interests
- Tax structuring and accounting for disposals and discontinued operations
The EKS&H Advantage
We offer the combination of deep technical knowledge and industry insight with a focused, efficient, and collaborative process to help address your needs. Our team is rapidly responsive and available whenever a situation may arise, and we offer clients broad access to a variety of specialized areas, including transaction services, valuations, compensation structuring, and tax. We have extensive expertise in a variety of applicable industries, including oil and gas, manufacturing, and high tech, and more.