Impacts of a Data Breach
Hard costs like data recovery, legal fees, regulatory fines, and more may hit the bottom line immediately following an attack, and long incident response times may slow or stop business development. At the same time, the loss of trust and reputational damage can have an even greater impact on an organization in the long term.
How We Can Help
A security program that implements, monitors, and manages best business practices is a competitive advantage you need. Our 8-Point Assessment examines the following areas and provides actionable steps to develop a program that meets your needs and budget.
1. Defend Perimeter –
Network system architecture, hardware, software, and connectivity.
2. Inventory Data –
Creation, storage, encryption, and retention policies.
3. Manage System Users –
Internal and external authorized personnel access and employee attrition.
4. Review Access Controls –
Passwords or multi-factor authentication and single sign-on procedures.
5. Monitor System Environment –
Ongoing observation of access/attempted breach or suspicious activity.
6. Plan Breach Response –
Cyber resiliency plan; disaster recovery, back-up, and restoration policies.
7. Maximize Organizational Awareness –
Training and development, security best practices, and education.
8. Compliance Initiative Assistance –
Industry and compliance-based regulations and requirements, including PCI DSS, the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Sarbanes-Oxley, and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
The EKS&H Advantage
- Comprehensive business focus—By offering both technology and accounting compliance services, we comprehensively support your organization’s security needs.
- Proactive guidance—Phishing, malware, RAM-scraping, mobility, virus security patches—we help you stay ahead of the latest threats and identify new critical protections unique to your industry, business, or organization.
- Experience—Combining years of business technology consulting experience with the expertise of individuals who have been in your shoes as CIOs, IT directors, and others, we are knowledgeable about proven methodologies to keep your systems safe.